Thursday, March 14, 2013
It's Wednesday - please don't judge. Here's my Monday Listicles list. Thankfully, it's open for the week!
So... this week's list is about favourite smells. I might have a hard time committing to 10, and then I got Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" stuck in my head, so I thought I'd list 10 Songs About Smells. This list might come in second only to this one.
In my research (because off the top of my head I only thought of two and one is already mentioned, haha) I discovered a quote by author Emily Giffin: "Songs and smells will bring you back to a moment in time more than anything else." How fitting! Here goes:
1. (Obviously) Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
2. Smells Like Nirvana - Weird Al Yankovic (and something tells me that Nirvana, while performing this song, would NOT smell like Teen Spirit, haha)
3. The Smell - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Then, that's pretty much it for songs with the word 'smell' in them, so I dug a little deeper. I also came up with:
4. Strawberry Wine - Deana Carter (my mouth is watering now, just thinking about it)
5. Gin and Juice - Snoop (ditto!)
6. Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground
7. I'll Make Love to You - Boyz II Men (between the roaring fire and candles, I just get a whiff of open flame)
8. The Roof is on Fire - Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three (think the smell from the Boyz II Men song times 100, haha)
9. The Cotton jingle ("the touch, the feel of cotton, the fabric of our lives" - conjures the scent of fresh laundry)
10. And the pinnacle? Check this one out. <- It's youtube, but I'm not embedding it to keep the element of surprise.
Did I miss any?